The Milagres Church, also known as Church of our Lady Miracles, is a Roman Catholic Church located in the Hampankatta, Mangalore (Mangaluru), Karnataka. The church is at a distance of 6 kms from Mangalore city.
Built by Bishop Thomas De Castro in 1680, the Milagres Church is one of the oldest churches in Dakshina Kannada. The old building was destroyed by Tipu Sultan in the British war. The present building was erected in 1911, by Parish priest Fr. Frank Pereira. It is an peaceful place to offer prayers and forget the chaos outside. The present building is built in the Roman architectural style.
As usual Christmas, Easter and New year is celebrated with enthusiasm and grandly. Sunday prayers are conducted every week.
The Milagres church can be visited to understand the catholic culture and their history in Mangalore. The church is open all days to tourists except during masses and sunday prayers.